Monday 1 October 2012

Read Response #4

Reading Response #4

book: Harry Potter and the half blood prince
author: J.K. Rowling
pages: 31-80

I just wanted to start off by commenting on how the last book ended since I have moved on.
Last week I had a question about what was going to happen to Umbridge, and although that got answered I must say it was not very satisfying. In the end the was carried off by centaurs into the forbidden forest, this was humorous in a ironic kind of way because of her discrimination against half breeds as she called them, but I feel she could have done a bit bet then to bring her back. Since this was the book where she killed off Sirius, one of the good characters, I feel there was not nearly enough damage done to her considering all she did. I did not mind so much that she was brought of the forest more i felt it annoying how she got off scoot free with no more then a fear of centaurs. For me she should at the very least have been put in Azkaban.

In the half blood prince something I have noticed is a lot more questions are being raised then answered. All ready I have several things I want answers to. Like for example what will Harry's private lessons with Dumbledore entail. Is Malfoy  been ordered to kill Dumbledore, if so how can he possibly accomplish this when Voldemort cannot. Will Snape turn out to have been working for Voldemort the whole time, will this unbreakable vow turn out to be Dumbledore's undoing.
All these questions have built up right away and not many answers have been produced yet, and the ones that have are not fully answered. I must say J.K. Rowling has done a very good job pulling you into the story and making you interested right off the bat. I will be very happy when I am able to answer a few of these questions because there is so much suspense built up already its killing me, the unfortunate thing is these are questions that are only going to be answered at the end of the book. J.K. Rowling you have my props not even a quarter of the way in an I already know im going to be tide in beginning to end, you had a great book made before it was even finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment